I got tagged by bringthesuntoussaintlouverture to do a little Tumblr meet the blogger thing, and it sounded like fun.
1. What is your name? Matt Kluk
2. When is your birthday? November 18, 1994
3. Where are you from? I was born in Swan River, Manitoba, lived my childhood in The Pas, Manitoba, then had my adolescence in Edmonton, Alberta, where I still live.
4. Do you have a crush?
Why, yes I do.
(I literally had to get the Orange Crush from the fridge, take a picture of it, and then put the photo on my computer for this throwaway joke.)
6. Write something in caps: MF DOOM
7. Got a favourite band/artist? Shockingly, not MF DOOM. Probably Kate Bush. Yes, I’m grieving because I’m missing her current run of shows.
8. Any favourite number? For incredibly vain reasons that you could probably decipher in the answer to #2, 1894. Fun fact: that used to be the PIN to my debit card, but people literally went through my wallet during gym class in junior high, then asked me my favourite number, and stole all $300 or some dollars in that account. (Note: Of course that’s no longer my PIN, nor has it been for years.)
9. Favourite drink? I actually hate alcohol, and would probably say chocolate milk like the total nerdweeb loser I am. (OK, I don’t hate alcohol, and I’d probably say a margarita based on the one margarita I’ve had in life. I’d still probably rather drink other non-alcoholic drinks in most occasions, though, because I am a child.)
10. Tag 10 people: Sure, I’ll do it in the tags.
I’m coming out of my Tumblr hiatus with a joke I came up with more than a week ago.
What type of housing plays the Super Mario Bros. theme when you press the doorbell?
A Koji condo.
So, I was tagged by bringthesuntoussaintlouverture to do a Book List Challenge, where you name 10 books that stayed with you in some way. I still want to do the challenge, but I have a confession to make: I haven’t read a book outside of school in years. I’ve started books, but I haven’t finished one since (and this is embarrassing) The Perks of Being a Wallflower in 2010. It’s kind of shameful, I used to be such an intensive reader as a kid.
I could make a list of mostly kids books (lots of Roald Dahl, Cornelia Funke, and Louis Sachar) or books I read in school, but the rules mentioned books that “touched” you, so I’ll write about 10 books that literally touched me, books I own that I should finish reading, to inspire me to read.
1. 1984 by George Orwell
2. Moby Dick by Herman Melville
3. The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
4. Dune by Frank Herbert
5. The Wind Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
6. The Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde (this one is bad, this one is short enough to read in a few hours)
7. Open City by Teju Cole
8. Underworld by Don DeLillo
9. If on a winter’s night a traveller… by Italo Calvino
10. House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
And I have more books I haven’t read! I don’t know why I haven’t read them! I know I have the attention span, I watched all of Breaking Bad in a few weeks and I just watched the first two seasons of Mad Men with my dad (maybe I need flashing images). But I want to read more, and I hope this list will help me. I’ve made Tumblr lists and promises that I haven’t kept, but I want to at least try this one.
P.S. I know I haven’t been on Tumblr much these past two weeks, but I’m alive. There were posts I wanted to make, mostly about having to miss a Wu-Tang Clan concert to go to a wedding, but I went to the wedding, and felt the longer I spent not making the post, the longer the post became irrelevant. So I didn’t go on Tumblr, but while I miss people on Tumblr, I don’t miss Tumblr as a whole. I’ll get back to posting, but I went to Saskatchewan today to see family until Wednesday, and then next Friday, I’ll go to Whistler, B.C. until the Wednesday after that. So this Tumblr hiatus will probably be another two weeks. I could use the mobile app, but using it right now, I don’t want to do that. So I’ll see you all in a couple of weeks!
Ending my 10 day Tumblr hiatus to say that, after almost 9 months of waiting, I’M FINALLY SEEING ARCADE FIRE TONIGHT!